Monday, May 12, 2014

Gluten Free Double Chocolate Brownies

I have recently been blessed with a second job.  I am so happy about it!  Time to start saving my money and continue working on the business hardcore!  I went from working about 16 hours per week to about 60-70.  Believe me I am definitely not going to complain.  Very thankful to have this going on.  The people that I am working for have great hearts and really want to help me out - really just great people that you genuinely want to be around.  Thank goodness for that!!

I have also been doing a lot of baking.  Including these crazy delicious gf brownies.  I found the recipe on Oh She Glows of course and after a bit of tweaking, they came out perfect (they were pretty close to perfect in the first place).  I brought them to a vegan meeting and I think they were well received.  I also had hubby take them to his job for his coworkers to sample - there are several gluten free people that work with him. They loved them!


Giant pan of Gluten Free Brownies!


Oh She Glow's Recipe

Changes I made:

-  used 2 tablespoons of ground flax
- used sorghum flour instead of brown rice flour
- used ground walnuts instead of ground almonds - it was all I had on hand
- added 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
 - didn't add the additional 1/4 cup chocolate chips
 - baked the brownies in a 9x13" baking pan so they weren't so thick


That's it!  Very good base recipe.  I love Angela Liddon's recipes and creativity.




Cut into small pieces for samples!


Koko

No comments:

Post a Comment