Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Gluten Free Vegan Masterpieces Class in Manhattan

I taught a class last night at the Natural Gourmet Institute in Manhattan.  As usual when I teach the classes at the school, it was a vegan, gluten-free, soy free baking class that also had several ingredient restrictions - such as no refined sugars, oils or flours, as well as utilizing mostly organic ingredients.  This is definitely great, but forces me to be very creative and imaginative with the recipes and ways to present the dishes.  In the class, we made 7 different recipes and I brought along a gf bread I have been working on testing.  I received great reviews on the bread, which I am very happy about, but I think it still needs a little tweaking to get it exactly where I want it to be, but it is definitely in the right direction.  I can't wait to be making it into multigrain bread, "rye" bread for my tempeh reuben (it is so ridiculously good, especially when I add tomato and avocado.  YUM!) and all kinds of flavors in between.

I'm not going to share any recipes at this point, perhaps at a later date, however, I will share some of the pictures I took, and am hoping one of my assistants in the class that took a ton of pictures will share hers with me and I can post them later.  It was a blast and I enjoyed meeting and working with everyone in the class.  Till next month, and the next baking class I teach at the school!


Coconut Raspberry Roll Cake


An aerial view of the Roll Cake


Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookies - a little blurry


Peach Coffeecake with Pecan Sucanat Struesel Topping


Chocolate Cupcakes with Coffee Frosting
Iced by almost everyone in the class!


Gluten Free Yeasted Bread test!


Pistachio Thumbprints


Lemon Blueberry Loaf


A "Sample" plate.  Looks like a plate of dessert for dinner!

Enjoy!

Koko

No comments:

Post a Comment