Vegan Shrimp Sushi:
|Topping the nori with the seasoned rice.|
1 1/2 cups sushi rice
3 cups filtered water
4 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons agave
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
shoyu or tamari
1. Rinse the rice well. Place in a saucepan with the water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once the water boils, lower flame to low and place the lid on top of the pot, with a small space for the air to vent. Cook rice till completely cooked through, about 15 minutes.
2. Once the rice has cooked and the flame has been turned off for about five minutes, add the rice vinegar, agave and sea salt. Stir well to coat.
3. Allow the rice to cool slightly. I like to use it when it is still warm, but not hot, or it will kind of "melt" the nori.
4. Place about 1 cup of the prepared sushi rice in the middle of the nori, and press out with dampened hands, leaving about 1" from the top without rice. Place goodies like veggies and vegan shrimp in the center of the rice, being careful not to overload even though it may be almost impossible not to.
5. Roll the nori roll tightly toward the end, sealing the nori with some water.
6. Place the nori seam-side down while preparing the rest of the rolls. Using a sharp knife, slice the nori into bite sized pieces, wiping off the knife after every pass through the roll.
7. Arrange on a plate and garnish with your favorite toppings.
|The giant mound of rice & all the goodies ready to go.|
|Rice pressed out, about 1" bare at the top.|
|The veggies and vegan shrimp|
|Beautifully rolled up!|
|Sliced, Topped with wasabi & pickled ginger. Yum!!|