Saturday, January 7, 2012

Vegan Blue Tortilla Chip Nachos

When is the last time you had nachos?  Before today, I think it has been at least 2-3 years.  2-3 years is a bit extreme when I think about it.  Why haven't I had them in so long?  That's an equally good question, and one I don't know the answer to.  When one of my coworkers and I were working last Monday, we were talking about what she and another coworker had to eat for lunch the Saturday before.  She somewhat nonchalantly said "nachos".  I was like "nachos"!?   Yum.  It's just something I haven't thought about in a long time.  But suddenly, I had to have it.

I luckily had most of the ingredients on hand, went home and whipped it up in under 5 minutes.  Popped it in the oven and had "dinner" within an additional 5.  It was seriously so good.  Salty, fatty, melty goodness, dipped in delicious spicy salsa and cooling sour cream.  It was good and settled a crazy craving I had, and now I think I'm good for another 2-3 years.  Next craving!


 Vegan Blue Tortilla Chip Nachos:

Vegan Nachos!!  Blue Tortilla Chips, Beefy TVP, Melty Daiya!
Ingredients:

Blue Tortilla Chips
Taco-Style TVP or Trader Joe's Chorizo
Shredded Daiya
Chopped Tomatoes
Chopped Red Onions
Sliced Olives
Avocados (I didn't have any, but they would be delicious!)

Salsa and Sour Cream (vegan obviously!) on the side to dip the chips in

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line a baking tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
2.  Scatter a heaping amount of chips across the tray.  Sprinkle the daiya across all the chips, followed by the tvp or chorizo.  (I put my onions on before baking because they become a little less spicy.  I put the tomatoes and olives on after it was finished baking, and if you are using the avocado, I would put that on once the nachos come out of the oven too.)
3.  Bake the nachos for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tvp/chorizo is heated through. When the nachos come out, sprinkle with the chopped tomatoes and the sliced olives.  And avocado, if desired. 
4.  Serve with sour cream and salsa and chow down with a friend or significant other.

Enjoy!

-Koko

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment