Chickpea Kale Salad:
Serves 4 as a side
|So simple and delicious!!|
2 cups cooked chickpeas (warm)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 very large onion or 2 small onions, sliced into strips
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 bunch kale, sliced into strips
1 tablespoon water
1. Warm the chickpeas by placing in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through.
2. Drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
3. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and allow it to become hot. Add the olive oil, onions and garlic and cook till softened and golden. Remove from heat and add to the bowl with the chickpeas.
4. Sprinkle with the sea salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
5. Into the same hot pan add the kale and 1 tablespoon water and cover with a lid to steam. Allow the kale to steam for about 1-2 minutes, or until vibrantly green.
6. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper and add to the bowl with the remaining ingredients.
7. Mix ingredients thoroughly and season to taste with additional sea salt or pepper flakes.