I have pretty much been making soup 2-3 times a week in this cold weather. Even though today is technically spring, it is still pretty chilly out, so I felt like making this tasty, comforting soup. I am a fan of the brothier soups and love me some greens in my soups, added at the end to still have a nice bite. Try this soup before the weather starts to actually turn nice and warm!
Chickpea Vegetable Soup with Sweet Potatoes:
|So hearty with delicious chunks of sweet potatoes.|
Yields: 2 1/2 Quarts (6-8 servings)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 medium yams, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons red curry paste
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
8 cups vegetable stock
4 large leaves kale, shredded
2 cups chickpeas, cooked
1. Place a large stockpot over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Allow the oil to become hot.
2. Once the oil is hot, add the onion, yams and garlic and sauté for several minutes.
3. Add the seasonings: red curry paste, sea salt, cumin, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Toss to coat.
4. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Once the ingredients boil, reduce to a simmer.
5. Once the yams are just tender, turn off the heat and add the kale and chickpeas, stirring to combine.
6. Season to taste. That's it!