|The Baked, Cooled Seitan|
Yields: a Giant Log - you can freeze it
1 1/2 cups vital wheat gluten flour
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons tamari or shoyu
2 tablespoons sherry
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon boillion powder
1 cup filtered water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the vital wheat gluten flour in a large bowl. Add all the dry spices and stir to combine.
3. Add all the wet flavorings and the water and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until combined. Knead for 1-2 minutes or until gluten becomes firm and well combined.
4. Form gluten into a log and place in the center of a large sheet of aluminum foil.
|Uncooked Seitan in the Middle of the Foil|
|A Close-Up of the Uncooked Seitan Log|
5. Roll the aluminum foil around the log and twist the ends, leaving a couple inches of space to allow for seitan to grow.
|The Uncooked Seitan in Aluminum Foil|
6. Place the log in aluminum foil on a sheet tray and bake in the oven for 60 minutes.
7. Allow to cool and slice into desired pieces.
|The Cooked Log of Seitan - You can Easily Make it |
Larger Around and Shorter.