|Super Comfort-Foody and Delicious!|
Yields: 2 1/2 cups
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, small diced
4 oz. criminis, small diced
4 tablespoons unbleached flour
2 cups filtered water
1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed with the fingers
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon tamari
1/4 teaspoon unchicken boullion
12 cups kale, blanched
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
sea salt and black pepper
1 1/2 cups millet, rinsed
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 cups filtered water
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Cook the millet in the oil until toasted and most of the water has evaporated. Add the filtered water and sea salt. Bring the millet to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook till the water has absorbed and the millet is fluffy,
2. Prepare the gravy:Add the oil over medium heat. Once it is hot, add the onion, criminis and garlic, stirring frequently until they begin to color. Add the unbleached flour and stir well to coat.
3. Allow the flour to cook for a couple minutes so that the raw flour taste goes away. Add the water all at once, whisking immediately so the gravy does not clump.
4. Add the remaining in gredients to the gravy: the sea salt, black pepper, thyme, nutritional yeast, tamari and unchicken boullion. Whisk well to combine all the ingredients. Continue cooking till the gravy has thickened to your liking. Season to taste.
5. Prepare the garlic kale: blanch the kale just until it turns a bright green color - about 30 seconds. Drain.
6. In a small pan over medium heat, cook the garlic in the olive oil until it becomes golden and cooked through. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
7. To serve, place a mound of the millet on the plate, followed by a generous serving of kale, then top it all off with gravy. Healthy comfort food at its best!
|The millet mixed with the garlic kale.|
|The plate before adding the gravy. Yum!|